Monday, July 29, 2019

Collapsing

“After God created the world, He made man and woman.  Then to keep the whole thing from collapsing, He invented humor.”  (Bill Kelly)

Dear Mel,

I think one thing that brings us together as friends is our ability to laugh. Were both unique personalities, who are sure in the individuals we are. We also find each other funny at times. I truly believe that if serious people of the world could be locked up in a comedy club for an evening that the laughter might help them out more than pills or counseling. Have you ever noticed that if you can take life humorously (when possible) that the challenges don’t seem that bad.

There are so many TV shows that I enjoy watching not because of their clean content, but because they make me laugh hysterically (until I’m breathless). I always feel refreshed after I watch these shows like I’m now able to deal with whatever life throws my way. Both of us have not had our lives go the way we expected them to.  I find a cheerful attitude (due to humor) has made me a better person than being depressed, and find all the negatives in life. (They are there, but I’m consciously choosing not to find them.)

Does any of this make sense? I do believe that my heavenly Father wants to see me happy. My laughter must be music to His ears. When I become friends with someone, I want them to be happy too. It makes me quite joyful to know that our heavenly Father has big plans for both of us. As long as we both have breath in our bodies, our assignments in this world are vitally needed. I hope your week was filled with all the joy you deserve. I hope to see you in church Sunday.

In Jesus’ Love,

Robert

 If you are cheerful, you feel good. If you are sad, you hurt all over. (Proverbs 17:22, CEV)

“The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes.” (William Davis)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...