Monday, July 29, 2019

Smiled

“The day that God created Chihuahuas He sat down and smiled.” (Anonymous)

Lolee Boo,

Lola, I noticed you when I started volunteering at my local dog shelter. Volunteers got to walk any dogs in the kennel they chose to.  I don’t remember when I connected with you, but I do know you were the only female Chihuahua mix that became a regular on my walking routine. A dog with my daughter’s name pulled at my heart strings. Those big sad eyes and your shyness (back then) stole my heart. I remember telling and thinking what good dog you were, and that someone should adopt you. (That someone was the Kinker family.)

I had told my wife and daughter all about you. When they got there, they soon decided they want to do more than visit you here. They wanted to make a member of our clan. I don’t remember how soon Allena changed your name to “Lola.” She didn’t think that the two of you having the same name was quite as funny as I did. She gave you the name she chose for herself in Spanish class.

When you came in our canine Chihuahua family had already been established with the brothers (Rosco and Chico). We tried to incorporate in other dogs through the same dog shelter you came from with no luck. This time we brought you in through the back yard. The brothers weren’t happy to see you, but eventually you were added into the pack. I would say that you are the alpha female because the other two dogs follow your lead.

I can’t tell you how happy I am that you chose me to be your human. I know that wherever I am in this house that you are close by watching over me. Years later the true Lola has finally emerged. You are an assertive female, you have no problem leaping to where you need to go, resting in my lap uninvited, being bold in communicating about what you want, choosing when you wish to kiss me, and comforting me with your presence as we both drift off to sleep together. You seem to have a way to calm me when I’m angry just with your presence. I know that I have become a better person because of you. I look forward to us both growing old together.

You Master,

Robert

“When the idea of 'Chopped' surfaced, it was originally meant to be taped at some guy's mansion with him and his crazy Chihuahua. A stuffy fellow in a tuxedo was to host, and the losing chef's dish was then fed to the dog. I am not kidding, I saw it. I think it is genius-twisted, but genius.” (Ted Allen, host of CHOPPED)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...