Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Read and Listen

From a very young age, I’ve had a love affair with libraries. It’s just amazing all the adventures one can experience (and places that can be visited) through the imagination of a great author. Reading can be done anywhere you want to do it.
Growing up, the one thing I looked forward to every summer was The Summer Reading Club. I could get rewarded with prizes for doing something I already adored doing.
My reading methods have morphed over the years. I started out with books; the feeling of a book in one’s hands with all the possibilities of the surprises I might discover was intoxicating.
In my twenties and thirties I was reading books and listening to taped audio books. That eventually got to be too much as I was confusing character plots.
Though I’ve always been a great reader, if a book is not available from the library in compact disc (CD) audiobook, chances are will never read it on a book or any kind of electronic reading device.
My listening time is done exclusively in my car as I drive, which makes trip time zoom by. At this stage of my life, I want to be read to and entertained by all the excellent narrators (and actors) that are available. My favorite audiobooks are the ones that are read by the author of the book. If the thought of an audiobook seems like too much of an inconvenience, try downloading a book on your iphone.
If you have poor reading skills (or little time to read), chances are the book you wish to explore is available on audio. If you are ready to open up your mind to a whole new world, do what I am currently enjoying so much


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...