Friday, November 20, 2015

I’ll Say a Little Prayer for You

When I worked for the federal government, I regularly thought my Christian testimony was not existent usually due to my poor work attitude that made regular appearance due to a variety of causes.

I remember one situation at work where God very clearly whispered to my heart, “I still have big plans for you. I need you.” A co-worker had been given the news (via phone) that one of her grandchildren was either gravely ill (or had passed away). I can’t remember which.

I do know my supervisor, Robyn, wanted to someone to pray for her. I was asked to offer prayer. Many of us in the area went into the empty division chief’s office, gathered in a circle as we all held hands, and I lead a short prayer requesting guidance and love from God for this co-worker (Janie) and her extended family.

Afterwards, I wondered at the awesomeness of this opportunity God had just given me. I realized people around my work area must respect me and my beliefs more than I realized. (I occasionally was also asked for biblical advice at work. I kept a Bible in my overhead cabinet for this purpose.) All these years later, the group prayer incident makes me proud that I was in the right place at the correct time to be used by God.

James 5:16 (MSG) “The prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with.”  Esther 4:14 (MSG) says, “Who knows maybe you were [put here] for such a time as this.”

If you are living for God, you can’t know what situations He may place you in for His glory. Be open for many wonderful adventures as He does things with you beyond your wildest imagination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...