Thursday, November 19, 2015

Give It Away

Is there something in your life that you are extremely passionate about? Do you need to find a quick, professional way to make that known to strangers, family, and friends? Consider having in business card made.
In December 2014 when I realized God wanted me to be an encourager for the rest of my days on Earth, I was introduced to the vehicle of blogging and eventually discovered the wonderful Google Blogger. It is free, easy to set up, and allows me a variety of backdrops, colors, and fonts to highlight my posts.
In my early blog attempts, I played around with a variety of names and slogans before I settled on what you see below. It quickly summed up my true intentions.
Before I got my first 100 red blog business cards (100) as a “I love you” gift from my wife (Bobbi), I scribbled my weblog address on any piece of paper (I could find at the moment) as God leads me who to give these away.
You might wonder how I give these away. I always keep a few in the pants (or shorts) I am wearing at the moment. I tell the person I have something for them; I am a blogger; have an encouragement blog; or I have an interesting (unique) blog you might enjoy. I explain my blog as writing about the events in my life, and put an encouraging spin on it.
I have never had anyone reject a card. I have had a second green set of blog business cards made at Staples (500 for $9. 99, great deal). With that abundance of cards I can conveniently drop them at hidden places in stores for unsuspecting strangers to discover later.
There was a period of time in my life when I was much younger that my unique mother loved to, and was bold in giving out her religious tracts that told of Jesus. She wanted to do it. She felt it was her duty, and gave those tracts to any stranger she met. With my blog, I can understand her fervor. I know something on my blog can relay encouragement, which I’m driven to relay with my blog business card (and as a signature on all my e-mails).
I love the creative writing aspect of blogging. I have a ready-made platform (that belongs to only me) that I can use to discuss the topics that are important to me in the manner I wish to discuss them. I have had many guess writers, but the people (and content) are of my choosing. Writing can become a solitary, inwardly-focused hobby (if I’m not careful).
In the 420 plus posts that I have written, my writing has steadily improved. (Others have also verified my progress as well as how much they enjoy my writing style.) 
Blogging helps to satisfy my desire to create a short written work. Publishing whenever I put a post on Encourage Me gives me a greater sense of satisfaction that being a five-time published author ever could, and that’s the truth.

Whatever is of interest to you, find a way to integrate it appropriately into your life. Fervor gives life joy and a purpose. Proverbs 29:18 (KJV) says, “Where there is no vision, the people perish…”  Start with an idea that inspires you. Allow this to bring you back to who you really are emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...