Saturday, March 26, 2016

Unexplainable

Today’s medicine does not always have an explanation for patients that are healed. Often doctors are baffled by what can only be attributed as unexplainable and the work of something truly divine.

In the inspirational movie, Miracles from Heaven, a young girl’s painful, debilitating, intestinal illness (a pseudo-obstruction motility disorder) is healed by God when she falls thirty feet down the inside of a hollow tree. The Almighty’s methods to a solution often don’t make sense to us.

The audience is reminded at the conclusion of the movie that life is full of daily small blessings that one could miss if they are only on the look-out for the large miracles.

Small blessings could include a compliment (when it was needed the most), an errand someone did for you so you wouldn’t have to,  a hug or kiss from a child,  an act of affection from an animal, reading something inspiring, eating something delicious, your breath (meaning you are alive)…I could go on.

I want God (my Judge) to always give me the blessings of His mercy, and not the justice of what I deserve, hell and separation from His presence (Isaiah 64:6 and Romans 6:23)
I can relate to the chorus of Mandisa’s song, Not Guilty:
“I know you.
I love you.
I gave my life to save you.
Love paid the price for mercy.
My verdict: not guilty!”

Count your blessings. Life is (really) good. You have a great deal to be thankful for even in the midst of your challenges. (Is there something in your life God has “under construction” right now?)

Proverbs 10:22 (MSG) says, “God’s blessing makes life rich; nothing we do can improve on God.” Do you agree?

The wife and I had a date night seeing the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...