Tuesday, August 25, 2015

A Student’s Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father,
Sometimes summer seems too short, but I’m glad that school is starting because I want to see my friends. Help me focus on my studies as much as the fun.
I want people to know that I follow You, but sometimes it’s a little scary. Give me patience when teachers are boring, classes uninteresting or slower students ask for help. Help me avoid temptations. Show me how to live a life that is pleasing to You. If I am in danger, protect and guide me. I want to look cool, but there are so many things I don’t know.
Please give me strength to refuse the things that can hurt me and avoid hanging out with friends who encourage me to do things I know I shouldn’t. I’m not very strong when it comes to saying “No,” but your help makes a difference.
Thank you for my parents. Sometimes we don’t agree, but I know they love me. Help me to be respectful and obedient, even when I don’t feel like it.
This will be a busy year. Please help me keep my relationship with You as my number one priority. Thank you for the many ways that You care for me. I love You. In the name of Jesus, amen.
  The First Baptist Chariot Newsletter, September 2010, issue 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...