Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Deadly and Delicious

I just love listening to a great audiobook series. It gives me time to settle in with the location, plot, and characters in the series. It usually takes me several days to come down from my “book high, “and comes to terms that I may not see them for a while until the author writes another installment. It is a semi-sad moment for me.
I simply love the Hannah Swensen Mystery Series by Joanne Fluke.  I’m always guaranteed a good clean (absent of vulgarity) read that keeps me guessing to the very end.  The heroine of the unique characters you’ll meet throughout this series is baker (and amateur sleuth) Hannah Swensen of The Cookie Jar in Lake Eden, MN.
 A common factor in each of Joanne Fluke’s books is that one of her baked goods is found somewhere around the dead person. You are guaranteed that the dessert featured in the title of the book will featured somewhere prominently in the novel.
I can’t describe how thrilled I was to discover Hallmark Movies & Mysteries will be airing the first installment of Murder, She Baked on May 2, 2015 at 9pm. Hannah is being portrayed by actress Alison Sweeney. 

This first movie in the series is based on the author’s first book in the series, Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder. Whether through book or TV, take a visit to Lake Eden, MN, to eat at The Cookie Jar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...