Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Fruity Feet

When a customer (guest) does something for that shows empathy for me, it always surprises me and makes my day a joyful one. This excludes the mindless phrase many say as a social nicety. “How are you doing?” (see Say What You Mean) Everyone wants to hear “fine” whether it’s true or not.
Once “Kyndra” was done with her grocery shopping trip, she stopped at the door I was greeting at to ask me a question about my health that had been bothering her. “Do your feet hurt?” I told her they did after I stood anywhere from four to six hours during my shift.
Kyndra then went on to tell me about the time period she’d worked for a fruit processing plant.  Her job (of processing and standing) had lasted daily anywhere from eight to twelve hours.
She definitely understood (and comprehended) a sore back, legs, and feet. Kyndra wondered if standing on the carpet instead of the vinyl flooring might help me. If I did that, I felt like I would be in the way of the people getting into the store. I explained my expensive shoe inserts really supported my feet quite a bit. Our conversation ended with me giving my appreciation for her concern as she left.

The next time anyone demonstrates love to you in any form. Accept this gift at face value, and give a grateful “thank you.” It’s that simple. Don’t rob someone of the ability to bless you with what God may be telling them to do. Are you to good to receive a message or gift from the Almighty? I don’t think so. This is a good thing you need to receive from a heart of humility and gratitude. You need this more than you realize. Be prepared for it when it shows up in your life when you least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...