Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Boomerang Effect

“Don’t pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults-unless of course, you want the same treatment. That critical spirit has a way of boomeranging.” (Matthew 7:1, MSG)
In my life, I have discovered when I judge someone-whether it might be a problem they are dealing with that I feel is easily solvable; the incorrect way they are dealing with their offspring (no matter the age), or issues within a troubled marriage (headed for divorce)-eventually those same issues come back to roost in my family’s life.
It’s not so fun and interesting when I have to deal with the same issue I judged someone else about. Though many a time I play “judge and jury” with my own family (a work in progress), I do my best not to do that with anyone else. I hate dealing with the “Boomerang Effect.” This is a pastime that is no fun. I’ve learned it’s best to keep my mouth shut in regards to others.

Have you discovered the above to be true? What goes around; eventually comes back around, and bites you on the backend. Ouch. It’s not very enjoyable when you are the recipient of judgement. Take my advice, and make a change in the near future because you do not need Matthew 7:1 to come true in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...