Monday, March 9, 2015

Mr. Know It All

No matter what writing endeavors I do (whether for this blog or a church) I always want to provide the most professional and accurate written piece possible. My greatest fear is that one of my readers finds an error or something that is not plausible from lack of research on my part.
My background involves membership in a variety of churches. I know how to get through the maze of religious jargon to the heart of the issues. A study item that enhances my use of the scripture in producing the posts that you read is the Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible.
If I have a phrase of a scripture in my memory, I will be able to find the right verse in the concordance. This concordance covers every word in the King James Version of The Bible. Also included are Greek and Hebrew Dictionaries (which I have never used).
I love using my daughter’s very pink NIV/The Message Parallel Study Bible. This helps me in comparing the two, and typing in the correct verse reference when that is needed. Much of my posts are full of my own opinion for what it’s worth.
By now you have noticed my posts are full of open-ended questions, or “thinking statements” as I call them. My desire is that something you read will cause a change in your life, or encourage you to keep traveling on the right life path.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...