Sunday, March 8, 2015

Ezekial 4:9 Bread

Several days ago, I stopped at a nearby Trader Joe’s to buy some cashews and cheese (my choice, bacon and onion) for my wife, who was teleworking from home. I knew we were low on bread because I adore sandwiches. As I was picking two loaves of the Trader Joe’s Multigrain Country Bread, the Ezekial 4:9 Bread caught my eye. (My wife had already seen it.)
If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know I love using scripture. I have done my best to show it useful to one’s everyday life. This is the reason I quote The Message so much. I believe it is the everyman’s translation of The Bible.
Ezekial 4:9 (NIV) says, “Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils; millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself….”  The object of this life story is not to go to Trader Joe’s to purchase the Ezekial 4:9 Bread.
The creative team advertising this bread thought of an extremely creative name. It formed a pleasurable religious memory in my brain. (I didn’t buy the bread due to price, but it created enough of an impression for me to blog about it to you. I believe others will notice it too.)
Is there a more creative way you can think of accomplishing a task that needs to be done instead of the normal method you always choose in accomplishing that task? It’s a lot more fun, and will make your duty speed by. Give it a try. What have you got to lose?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...