Monday, March 9, 2015

Anger at the Almighty

A good Christian friend of mine (“Crandall”) told me that I had an incorrect opinion about another Christian brother (“Garee”).  Crandall suggested I take the biblical approach to conflict resolution (Matthew 5:23-24) by talking directly to Garee. “The Robert approach” had been an effective method for me during my life in avoiding confrontation.
 This approach involves talking to everyone but “Garee,” and spreading your opinions around to everyone until no one can be unbiased. You’ll either feel better (with the more people to agree with you), or will eventually blow up (on family members or friends that have nothing to do with the situation).
I chose the biblical approach to conflict resolution, and ended up having a profitable ninety minute conversation (over my cell phone) with Garee. This was the right time in my life for a friendship restoration to happen (Esther 4:14).
In the midst of our discussion, I told Garee that I was irritated with God for a particular “thorn in the flesh” (2 Corinthians 12:7) that had been with me for a long time. I often wondered why a loving Heavenly Father wouldn’t want His child to be happy.
My question to you is this; is it wrong to be angry with God. If you believe God is some sacred, ancient, china figurine, on a throne in the clouds, then the answer would be “no.” He can’t relate to your problems at all.
 On the opposite of that, if you believe your God has big enough shoulders to deal with your angry spurts, and He cares greatly about your life. That Heavenly Father is quite versatile.
People like the prophet Jeremiah (Jeremiah 20:7-18) and Job (Job 38-42) both had their angry moments with God. I’m sure they both wanted to know “why” the Almighty was acting the way He was.
What I (and searching souls like me) often forget is that the Heavenly Father doesn’t work on our time frame and in the manner we wish He would. He is not of this world. As appealing as it might sound to control every action of the Almighty, think about this.
“Who wants a God that can be figured out?” When it comes to a holy God, variety is the spice of life. Even though it may irritate me times, I would prefer a Heavenly Father I rarely can figure out.

Get angry with God if you must, but remember He won’t leave you even if you choose to do that. God knows best what do with your life. When it comes to your life story, He sees the beginning, middle, and end. Trust that “you’re in good hands” (just like Allstate Insurance commercial states) when it comes to you and the Almighty (John 10:29-30). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...