Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Pants

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares deals with four teenage girls on their first summer apart. The girls stay connected with a pair of jeans that fits each female perfectly as it travels from one location to another. I found the movie version of this book enjoyable until I realized the pants were only magical if they remained unwashed the weeks they were being sent all over the world. Gross!
Has anyone ever commented about seeing you wear a particular outfit twice in one week? Unless you are required to wear a uniform at your place of employment, how do you feel about duplicating clothing items in the public eye?
As a guy, I don’t feel it is anyone’s business what I wear as long as I have clothes on. It could be someone’s concern if they wished to buy my clothes. Chances of that are slim. (I’m sure life in Femaleworld is quite different. I only venture in there when it’s a matter of life and death.)
With my age, my rather large body, and the aura (of don’t mess with me), strangers don’t tend to make any comments about me unless I invite them to, which I don’t. When I’m out in the public eye (excluding work), I dress completely for comfort.
My wife (as a female and a former large woman) has had all sorts of hurtful (but well-meaning) comments made about her weight (her whole life) both at work and in the public eye. It’s always irritated how caddy (and snotty) some women can be to other women of different sizes, age, ethnicity, race, and the list goes on.  So make sure that you mind your business when it comes to someone else’s clothing.  It may be they can only afford one nice outfit, and that’s what they wear to work everyday. Have you ever thought about it like this?

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...