Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Assured

Some of you may wonder how the post Afraid ended. This is its sequel. Forty-eight hours after Valentine’s Day, I and my wife attended my annual cancer check-up at 9:15am with Hematologist/Oncologist Dr. Baiocchi at The New James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute.
As expected, my final diagnosis from the good physician was that everything looked great, and I was still in remission. Chances of the Lymphoma returning were very small. In the slight possibility, cancer was to return it would not be the type I already had. 
Dr. Baiocchi was also happy with my weight loss (due in part to my wife’s bariatric surgery and the physical demands of my job as a Utility Worker).The only suggestions were to continue losing more weight, and continue to get my diabetes under better control. (I like to eat a lot of all kinds of food.)
How many challenges in life do you perceive the worst outcome for possible? When the results do not turn out to be horrendous, you wonder why you worried so. The Bible says, “Cast all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you.” (I Peter 5:7, NAS)

I know I need to put that advice into practice more than I do. What about you? If your sense of fretfulness is off the chart, take a break and hand it over to Someone who has a much better grasp on what needs to be done than you do. You can trust the Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...