Monday, February 16, 2015

Hot Dog


Any pet owner knows that when they sense their pet is in jeopardy, the world seems to be a very frightening place. My dog story happened in the middle of the hottest part of the summer of 2014. It involved our mixed breed Chihuahua named “Lola,” who was almost three at the time. (She was probably still a puppy at the time.)

As I was returning with Lola from the dog salon at the Easton Petsmart, her nails had just been trimmed and ground down (smoothed) as well as the fluid in her ears had been cleaned out. The service was done every couple months when Lola’s nails got so sharp that she was scratching everyone she came in contact with. Bobbi and I felt the cost was reasonable for the scratch it saved my wife when she tried to do this.

At the corner of McCutcheon and Stelzer (a major intersection in Columbus, OH) as I was in the turning lane waiting for the light to turn green, both owner and canine were enjoying the breeze from the driver’s side window that was rolled down. The next thing I know Lola has jumped out the window with the leash still attached to her collar. There she sits smiling up at me like this behavior was admirable.

In my head, I believe she thought she was doing something good. As I slammed the car in park, the light was now a green arrow. I quickly grabbed my dog, rolled up the window, and wondered what the other drivers thought of my predicament as I headed home.

 

Have you ever had something happen that is beyond your control that shook you to the very core of who you are? How did you respond? What did your response say about who you really are? Do you need to make improvements, or are you Ok with what you discovered. Just think about it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...