Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Be Nice


I wish I could tell you that I have always been the model father. If you told my adult daughter, Allena, that her father is perfect, she would probably laugh in your face. Though children are to obey their parents (no age limit given), Ephesians 6:4 commands fathers not to frustrate their children. Fathers, are you a regular violator of this edict? Dads, do you find it entertaining to infuriate your kids?

With the care my grandmother is receiving from her children (my uncle and mother), it has made me all the more aware that one day my daughter will be in charge of my healthcare.

How do I want to be treated when that decision needs to be made? You’ve heard nursing home horror stories.  Do I want to be placed in a facility like that because it’s finally payback time? It’s finally becoming clear to me that what goes around comes around whether that’s good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...