Monday, January 19, 2015

Back Again

If you’ve never seen the ABC drama Resurrection, it raises an interesting question.  If your loved ones could return to you (not as Zombies) would you want them to come back to this world exactly as they left on their death date? This means with exactly the same health conditions.
Some people would take back their missing loved ones in any form they would come back in. Though nothing would make me happier than to wrap my arms around the multitude of loved ones that are in Heaven, I would leave them where they are. Why?

Heaven is a place of beauty and peace with gold and jewels adorning the city. Our loving Father lights this land with His presence.  I want the best for those I love. Why would I wish to bring them back to a sickly, decaying, sinful Earth? Wouldn’t that be rather selfish of me? Do not mourn for those who are in Paradise. Maybe they should feel sorry for you. Think about this at your next viewing or funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...