Friday, January 23, 2015

Back to the Future

With me things are never quite what they seem. This article is not about the 1985 blockbuster hit with Michael J. Fox. (It is one of my favorite films though.) Shows like Reincarnated: Past Lives definitely raise the question if current behavior can be explained by a past life.
Though it’s a fascinating possibility, Hebrews 9:27 tells us that we only die once (not multiple times). If I did have a past life what would I want it to be? Though I am perfectly fine with being a man, I would be willing to be a female during her time of the month so I could finally understand my wife and daughter. With all the joy they provide, the insanity follows closely behind. I tend to enjoy the softer, more emotional side of life, which more closely aligns to the opposite sex than my own gender.
Whether you believe in another life before the one you are currently experiencing, it is imperative that you make preparations for the life that follows this one (your afterlife). Check out my post called Salvation by the Book.

 The pictures attached are not of ancestors of mine. They are of my family a while ago. The first one was taken in Branson, MO, in November of 1992. (At that time, we did not know Bobbi was pregnant with Allena.) The next photograph was done in Gatlinburg, TN, in March of 2005. (Allena is eight.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...