Thursday, January 29, 2015

All Dressed Up (to Church We Go)

Proper church appearance is something I’ve grown up with my entire from various houses of worship. As I’ve gotten older, it has become evident to me that the look of its church attendees has morphed as needed. The verse references below (please read them) are as familiar to me as my skin. Once again, my hope is to give you a fresh interpretation on them so that you can make an informed decision.
1.   Deuteronomy 22:5 – God does not want men to dress as women, or women to dress as men for any reason. (Women’s pants are not men’s clothing as they are tailored specifically for the shape of a female. Most men wouldn’t wear them.)
2.   I Corinthians 11:14-15 – Men should not have long hair, but is desired for women. In biblical times, this was probably all true. Today, who has the authority to determine what is long hair-wise for men. There are many women in the world today that are very attractive with short hair. (Long hair wouldn’t be right for them.) At church, If you have a problem with someone’s hairstyle ask God to convict them of it if they wrong. Chances are God will convict you of something in your life instead.
3.   I Timothy2:9 – Women entering a church service should be dressed appropriately. Wear whatever you would be comfortable God seeing you in because He is watching.

4.   I Samuel 16:7 – Man looks upon the outward appearance, God looks at the heart. God told this to the prophet Samuel when he was getting ready to make David king of Israel. I would call this verse the “gold standard” proper church attire. In church if your heart attitude is poor, God cares little about your outward appearance. The Heavenly Father desires to have you right with Him always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...