Thursday, December 31, 2020

Something

 “When the devil keeps on asking you to look at your past, there must be something good in the future he doesn’t want you to see.” (Facebook.com/DrugTreatment)

When you do positive things for the Kingdom of God like praying for or helping someone in need, the devil is not happy about that. He will do anything he can to stop your effort (even if that involves unleashing a hoard of demons on you). This is exactly the reason the devil despises minister (or whatever name they go by in various denominations) because of the difference they make in the lives of their congregations (and others in their communities). The devil also wishes to discourage missionaries (and those training to be missionaries like my daughter, Allena) because of the positive difference they can make all around the world.

My daughter wrote the poem, “My Armor,” for a college assignment (based on Ephesians 6 from the Bible) that in a unique way describes what must be said about the armor of God. All Christians must put it on daily in their fight against the devil. I believe everyone reading this can relate to some part of this interesting poem.

It is a battle that I must face.

There is no option to it.

I must face it.

Will I armor up and choose to fight?

Or will defeat rule over me?

Will I back into the shadows or run to the light in which I will get cleansed?

I have to face it; it’s a daily choice to be strong in God.

I can’t win without God.

It is God’s armor that protects me in my battles.

The battle is scary: will it ever end?

This battle isn’t against my own skin and blood.

The battle is incredibly planned to attack in the ways that are my weaknesses.

Strategies planned to rip me apart, push me to break, talk trash about myself, hate myself, to give up.

Because the devil is smart, he’s got strategies.

He knows how to attack my mind.

He knows how to use the powers of darkness against me.

He knows how to turn his demons & spirits towards me.

I must put God’s armor, piece by piece.

This armor (not ancient or heavy like those knights of medieval days)

But bearable with God and His strength.

The devil comes around me to steal from me, to kill me, and to destroy me.

God’s armor will protect me.

I have to stand. It is the way I fight.

If I give in to battle, then I am defeated.

I am made for good, why doesn’t the devil see it?

The truth is he doesn’t care.

He doesn’t want me here; he wants me distorted.

But I will stand.

I will stand my ground.

Because I know the truth about me.

I know what God says about me.

So, I stand with my BELT OF TRUTH tight around my waist.

I am chosen, trusted, and loved.

I am a light in this dark world that is around me.

I am a sunflower because that’s what God says about me.

I am innocent and covered in my savior’s blood.

I am who you say I am God.

I am covered with my BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Because righteous is what God says about me.

It is part of my identity.

That is why it covers my heart.

To seal in the truth that is put in me.

My feet are special to me.

Because they bring me peace.

Something the devil likes to take from me.

But my God has covered me in peace.

That is beyond my own understanding.

I can’t express what this means to me.

It helps me through the day, it makes me get out of bed.

Jesus’ peace means the world to me.

His Salvation of peace is what guards me.

God’s shield protects me.

It is full of faith.

Faith-filled and full of fire.

It helps me believe when I cannot see it.

It helps me when I cannot believe.

Sometimes that feels like a lot if I am honest.

But God helps me see the things that go unseen to me.

God helps me see through the problems when I want to give in.

God helps me push forward in a battle that goes unseen to the world.

My faith is increased by God’s strength that is given to me.

He covers me.

From the fiery darts that come from the Devil.

The Devil uses me as target practice.

Sometimes the Devil hits the target, sometimes he misses.

He still tries to come after me, dart after dart.

God fits me with my special helmet.

I’m covered with His finest resource.

Salvation.

God’s helmet of salvation covers me in truth.

The truth that I have been saved.

Preaching the gospel to myself is key.

I am covered in my savors blood.

He redeemed the death that I deserve.

I should have been the one on the cross.

But God sent his son to become flawed.

He was flawless and perfect.

But He took on my wrath and covered my head with salvation.

God gave me his word.

It is part of my armor too.

Its one of the most important pieces.

It is the sword I choose to hold my hand.

The coolest sword I own.

My sword of the spirit.

God’s Holy Spirit guides me in my prayers.

He helps me pray when I don’t know what else to pray.

Praying all the time is what helps.

Prayers to the one who writes.

That when He is the one who is sharing that he will have the words to speak.

This author an ambassador in chains.

Tychicus whom is a servant of the Lord has been sent to bring wisdom.

Through the words that are written.

The words that are written must be delivered to a chosen people.

The Ephesians.

Chosen people to be receptive.

They to join in the battle that I face.

We have to put on our armor together.

Fight together.

And join together.

From the words of the author.

Grace and Peace to you my brothers.

1 Peter 5:8 (VOICE) gives an accurate picture of how the devil wants to harm you in all areas of your life (physically, emotionally, and spiritually): Most importantly, be disciplined and stay on guard. Your enemy the devil is prowling around outside like a roaring lion, just waiting and hoping for the chance to devour someone. Only God can make you the success you need to be because the devil is going to work to make you a failure. Don’t help him out with his objective.

 


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...