Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Waiting

“Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.” (Joyce Meyer)

In Galatians 5:22, the fourth fruit of the spirit is patience (of which I am sorely lacking). I wish I could admit I am the good Christian man I need to be, but many times many of the desires of my sinful nature (as given in Galatians 5:19-21) seemed to be alive and well (at my current age).

I seem to have little patience for things like what I perceive as idiots, foolish projects, and other things that just don’t make sense to me. You would think with what I write on this blog that I would realize just how unproductive worrying (and trying to be patient in my own strength is). Worry doesn’t solve anything. It just makes you more anxious as you become less patient.

It works out much better to have an attack plan like Philippians 4:6 (VOICE). This way I know exactly what to do when I get irritated over something in my life (as my patience grows thin about everything. Here’s the verse: Don’t be anxious about things; instead, pray. Pray about everything. He longs to hear your requests, so talk to God about your needs and be thankful for what has come.”

As this post comes to a close, it’s important to remember the wisdom of Ecclesiastes 7:8 (ERV): It is better to finish something than to start it. It is better to be gentle and patient than to be proud and impatient.” This verse tells me that the completion (of good things, of course) is important. Being patient is a wonderful thing, too. From personal experience, I’ve learned anger leaves caustic words that can damage for a life time. Patience allows time to think things through (before they come out your mouth). Good luck in your journey of what should be said (in love).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...