Friday, August 11, 2017

Similarities

Everyone who uses wise sayings will say this about you: “The daughter is like her mother.” (Ezekiel 16:44, NCV)

Dear Mom,
Words cannot express the appreciation I feel for everything you have done for me. You have always been there to show me the way. You have always pushed me to be the best that I can be. You are my greatest guiding influence. You are the strong ones.

They protect their daughters from perceived danger. All my life, you have been watching over me. Sometimes, I accept your advice (and other times I don’t). With a daughter like me, I’m sure you’ve had quite a few sleepless nights.

You are the guiding light that always calls me back to reality. You have taught me everything I stand for. You have raised me to be self-sufficient. I will always be your little girl that needs you.

I always want to tell you about my happy and sad moments in life. I want to be emotionally tough like you. I’ve started mimicking many of your hygiene habits. That’s how important it is to feel close to you in my daily life.

Thank you for teaching me to smile in the face of hardship, and to believe in myself no matter what. Thank you for always making me feel unconditionally appreciated. You’ve laughed and smiled at my crazy jokes.

I want to be a mother like you so that my daughter can look at me with pride. You were the cool mom that always looked so glamorous to my high school girlfriends. You make me feel beautiful. You are the friend I can depend on. I can only hope to become half the intelligent woman you are. I love you with all my heart.

Love,

Your Daughter [i]

“I always thought I would help you grow up into being the woman that I wanted you to be. However, being your mother taught me so many things and made me the woman that I am today. I love you baby girl.” (#MiracleBaby)





[i] Sources used:

·        “A Letter to a Mother from Her Daughter” by Tia J. Tuskey

·        “The Letter Daughters Should Send Their Mothers” by Sam Lee
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...