Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Finding Your Roots

I am so blessed in more ways than I realize (a loving family, material goods, and close friendships). One thing that I’ve always had was a relationship with both my biological parents, my late father (Robert) and my mother (Janice).

I’ve come to realize lately that this is not a given for everyone. Some children have loving step-parents, but they’ve been wondering (and searching) for a long time who they are biologically connected to. There are those parents that were forced to give up a child when they were just a child themselves (as teenagers).

I am a chump for shows that make cry, sniffle, and overuse the box of Kleenex. In a very compassionate manner, The Learning Channel’s (TLC) Long Lost Family (Sundays, 10-11pm) helps to make needed biological reunions with reconnections like those described above.

Long Lost Family helps to finally answer the question for those involved of “who do you think you are?”   This is a new show I never miss (whether I view it either live or recorded).

Whether the families you are with have a biological connection (or were connected together through adoption), our loving Heavenly Father has a wish for your life as is found in Ephesians 3:17-19 (NLT).


“Then Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep is His love. May you experience the love of Christ, though it’s too great to understand fully.  Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.”

This is a must-see program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...