Thursday, September 3, 2015

Be the Change

I am nineteen year-old Allena Kinker. I love Christ, and I love others! My parents are Robert and Bobbi Kinker.  I am an only child, but I consider my three Chihuahuas (in picture below from left to right, Lola, Chico, and Rosco) as my siblings.  I graduated in 2014 from Gahanna Lincoln High School/Eastland Career Center for Restaurant Services, and have attended Columbus State Community College for Criminal Justice.
I worship at Eastside Community Church. I have been working in a variety of jobs in the food industry. While Criminal Justice is what I enjoy, I am uncertain that this is the vocational direction God wants me to take.
On September 13, 2015, I have chosen to challenge myself with discipleship training at YWAM (Youth with a Mission) in Akron, OH, for six months.  From this opportunity I will gain a closer relationship with Jesus, receive guidance in choosing a career, and even be part of an outreach trip to Haiti.
 YWAM began in 1960. It is a global movement of Christians of various ages (8 to 80), cultures, and traditions to serve Jesus all over the world.  YWAM works in more than 1,100 locations with a staff of 18,000 people from over 180 countries (like Indonesia, Nepal, Mozambique, and Columbia).
 The total cost for six months is $6,800.00. I have been working on obtaining $3,300.00, which is due September 25, 2015. I have been able to raise $2,500 so far. YWAM will be doing additional fundraising later in the year for the balance.
If you would like to help, please join me in prayer and (if God leads) give a donation to YWAM in my name. It would be greatly appreciated. To find out more about this life endeavor of mine, please check out www. ywamakron.com. Thank you.
If you are able to donate, please send your money to:
Youth with a Mission
 Attn: DTS Training
 1700 W. Market St, #199
Akron, OH 44313


1 comment:

  1. So proud of my girl Allena. Please pray for her as she goes on this journey

    ReplyDelete

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...