Friday, August 21, 2015

Shout it to Everyone

There’s nothing better than when you come to the conclusion of a good book to be surprised by the way everything wraps up. It’s time to be a tattletale, and reveal the location of all my work-related stories.
My part-time employment with Meijer on North Hamilton Road in Gahanna, OH, that began on December 2014 upon the suggestion of my wife to our boss (Brandon) will come to a conclusion on Saturday, September 5, 2015, at the end of my work shift (possibly around 1pm). God is still in the business of answering my prayers (and wishes).
 I will be eternally grateful that Meijer took a chance with me after five years of being retired (due to my health). They helped to give me purpose in this new regimen. (I think we have both been good for each other.)
Though the Utility Worker (Bagger) job I began with and the Greeter job I am leaving with at Meijer have both given me lots of practice in flexing my customer service muscles.
I feel my new job as a part-time Copy & Print Associate at the Staples located at Easton Market (right on the outskirts of Gahanna) on Morse Crossing will allow me the ability to use my creative abilities (like my writing) to help customers with their advertising  (and photocopy) needs. I will arrive for my first day of work at 9am on Monday, September 7, 2015. (Staples is a leader in office supplies and equipment.)
Compare my new boss (“Johnson”) being anxious to hire me immediately (on-the-spot) because of all the potential he sees in me as a Staples’ employee to my current boss (Brandon) who finds it difficult to communicate with me on an adult level (we are similar in age) when he gets stressed out over all the required work duties Meijer has asked him to do.
Career-wise, I’ve accomplished as much as I can as a Greeter. I’ve hit the proverbial wall of my means of advancement.  I am already setting dreams of what I hope to accomplish at Staples (in both in my employment career and personally).
I look forward to the increase in salary (from $7.85 to $10 an hour), and am happy about the new associate and customer friends I’ll make (and saddened by those I must leave at Meijer).
It’s been next to impossible to keep my good news quiet from my close co-workers and regular customers from this exciting development. When I should be nervous about moving into a new job I have little expertise in, I feel as sense of assurance (about the rightness of this change) and an excitement about what awaits me. This has been missing from my life for a very long time.
Is there something in your life you should do that will add zest (and spice) back in to it? What kind of sign are you looking for? In cases like this, it is always good to be reminded of some biblical emotional power boosters.
Philippians 4:13 says boldly proclaims, “I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.” (NKJV) Jeremiah 29:11 gives us God’s assurance that “I have it all planned out-plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hoped for.” (MSG)

 Be grateful for the good things (past, present, and future) God has placed in your life (Psalm 9:2, 100:4). You have the power (from above) to do whatever you need to accomplish. God has already answered your prayer for assistance with courage to do what is most needed in your life right now.   There is no limitation on your capabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...