Friday, August 14, 2015

Hair Loss

The second Sport Clips has opened in my neighborhood at the Shops at Rocky Fork in Gahanna, OH. Since it’s been awhile since my last visit at the nearby Stoneridge location, I went to the Shops recently to get the “Most Valuable Player” (MVP) treatment with my hair, and welcome them into the neighborhood with my business.
My stylist (Iyanna) and I got into some mentally stimulating conversation (I can talk a lot); the haircut was great (for what she had to work with); it was nice to have someone else take a turn at washing my salt and pepper hair; the hot towel on my face was luxurious; and the massage on my neck (and shoulders) was a small piece of Heaven.
Their theme of “It’s good to be a guy” speaks to me. I am so glad I am not a female so that I don’t have to experience a monthly visit from Aunt Flo. I find quickness, convenience, and sanitary conditions (most the time) in the public urinals I use. I do not have to physically give birth to a baby (no second child, not like pain, ouch).
 As a man, I do not have to worry about primping my appearance (like a woman). Accept me as the slob I can be at times, or find another friend. (This is the way I am.) I am usually very literal with my speech. There is no second guessing (or implied hidden meaning) as to what I am saying like many females do.  
I have a unique perspective (as a man) on my world and family. I love the variety of having facial hair (if I choose). I have lots of physical strength to do hard labor that must be done (at times). I want to explore all the many challenges (and triumphs) that make me God’s beloved son.

These are just a few of my reasons. If you are of the male species, I hope you will celebrate all that you are. Even if you are a twin, there is no one identical to you. You are unique with everything you have to offer this world. To someone else you are a difference maker. Believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...