Monday, June 8, 2015

Performance Issues

Do you ever question your abilities at work? It seems to happen to me on a daily basis as a greeter. When someone asks me where something is in the store, I momentarily freeze in confusion until the calm voice of experience takes over. Deep inside me a whisper says “No need to worry. You got this.”
Most the time I can give the customer one or two ideas as to where there desired item may be in the store no matter whether it might be for example sunscreen, diapers, metal trash cans, or batteries.
 I consider myself an expert on the grocery section of the store. That would be because of the cheat sheet folded up in the back of my badge. It briefly summarizes all the store’s grocery aisles and their freezer section. This helps me remember things like the frequently asked aisle thirteen (laundry and cleaning), which never comes to mind when I need it.
Here’s something for you need to consider. Is there a creative way to make your job smoother and easier to perform? Are you where God wants you to be career-wise? Pray about it. You might be surprised with the answer God supplies.
Who in your workplace could use a smile, a kind word, or a ray of encouragement? You could honestly be the difference between life and death for a co-worker of yours.

If you excel at what you do, stop always questioning yourself. If you need training to reach a place of excellence in your position, keep asking for it until you get it. (Become a nuisance if you must.) A positive approach goes a long way in seeing your job in a whole new way.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...