Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Guess What?

When my adult daughter became friends with her co-worker “Marsha” in the deli department of the store both of us are employed at, I was happy for her but didn’t pay too much attention.
Recently Allena got to spend the night with Marsha and her husband, who also worked at the same store. According to Allena he worked at the U-scan and somewhere around the shoe department.
Their girl time together included Allena getting her hair lightened, and fishing at Creekside in Gahanna, OH. (Allena caught and helped fry three bluegill fish.)
On my return from lunch, I saw Allena. She informed me Marsha’s husband knew me, and was certain I didn’t like him. I’d even tried to get him in trouble. By this time, I was completely clueless as to whom she was referring to.
When the word “Cleo” was spoken by my daughter, I was in complete astonishment. As you will remember from the posts Open Mouth and Insert Foot and One More Time, my feelings about Cleo were not positive due to inappropriate comments he made several times in my presence.
Allena becoming friends with this couple was going to mean one thing for me, her father. If my daughter saw redeeming qualities in Cleo, maybe I should forgive him, and realize we all have bad days. Through this unusual surprise, God was going to make sure I was put my sense of equality into something real.

Has anything similar to this ever happened in your life? It rocks your sense of rightness; doesn’t it? Like me do you feel there is a greater lesson for you? Will your old attitude persist, or will a new more improved you rise to the situation? Only you and God know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...