Monday, May 25, 2015

My Deafness

On a Sunday afternoon I quickly read a bearded “Peyton’s” mint green t-shirt with the navy blue letters of “I’m just not listening” as he passed by me to the outer regions of the store. How many times had my wife and daughter asked if I’d heard them as they’d repeated something over again for me several times? (When I finally heard them, I was irritated over their harsh tone.)
My form of not hearing usually occurs when Bobbi and Allena are together with me in the living room, and I am doing some form of writing (usually for my blog, Encourage Me). As an Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) male, I find that I am able to succeed at things like writing when I get tunnel vision, and put all my attentions to what I am working on. This means all people, animals, or noise around me is ignored.
Over what situations do you mentally check out on? Is it because of something you have no desire to deal with? What frightens you to deal with this issue? Are you afraid you might emotionally hurt someone you care about a great deal? Ignoring this concern will only stress you out. Being “emotionally deaf” to it will accomplish absolutely nothing. You need to do this so don’t wait any longer.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...