Monday, April 20, 2015

Indescribable

Have you ever had those moments in your life where your breath is taken away when something positive happens in your life? You didn’t expect it, but you’re sure glad it occurred. My moment began in December 2014 and as far as I was concerned culminated on Sunday, April 19, 2015, as I was dressing for church.
As an adult I’ve struggled with a fluctuating waistline, and how that affected my pants (see Downward Slide). My waist has gone from 54 to 50 to 48. My wife says the weight loss is due to my decrease in food consumption.
I believe my part-time job is responsible. I can’t graze the whole week like some oversized cow when I’m work five out of seven days. At work my eating is limited to my lunch break, and what I bring from home (meat sandwich, sweetened tea, fruit or yogurt). At home (on my days off), the food is all around me.
I am sure the physically demanding job of a Utility Worker burns lots of calories. The position of a Greeter usually involves standing in a small area up to eight hours to welcome customers into store. I’m certain this action strengthens and slims.
On the above Sunday I tried slipping into a pair of gray polyester pants, size 46. Usually by the second leg of a garment, I can predict if I will be able to comfortably snap the waist shut. Everything felt great.
Since luck was on my side, I decided to try on a dressy button-down shirt that had been tight on me before (to the point that the shirt was straining at the buttons). This antique (colonial) blue shirt had light stripes of yellow, black, and blue (same color as shirt) and had a silky feel to it. The shirt buttoned up easily, and was quite loose. Thank goodness it did not accentuate my rather ample belly.
If you are always on the look out for life’s pleasant surprises, you will find them. Sometimes the smallest things mean the most. It doesn’t always take a deed of biblical proportions to move you mood (and attitude) to a more positive place.

Things like an encouraging word via text, someone sharing there lunch with you, or an unexpected kind deed are all examples of difference makers. So just as like unexpected pleasant moments to come your way, try to do that to another deserving person in secret. You may start a chain reaction of love in that individual’s life that never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...