Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Grocery Store Looking Glass

Sometimes we see a reflection of ourselves in the mirror of life, and we aren’t particularly thrilled with the image staring back at us. As I welcomed our guests entering the store, I came across a couple (married, I assumed).
As the quiet, resolute female (“Gabby”) grabbed a shopping cart. For whatever reason, the male (“Griffin”) seemed to be angry and loud before the shopping trip begun. I was disappointed to hear Griffin’s noisy, agitated voice all over the produce section. Was Griffin aware of the spectacle he was making in my place of employment?
Now it’s time to throw that same uncomfortable question back on myself. I have no qualms loudly disagreeing with Bobbi anywhere. It really doesn’t matter what my reasons might be. How does it appear to others? How does it make the woman I pledged my heart and life to? My wife deserves better because I am not an easy man to live with all the time.  I can’t guarantee perfection in making this change, but I will try to improve.
Let’s throw it all back to you. Where in your life are you being unreasonable? However it needs to happen make positive change a reality. No one deserves to live with a grouch.  Become the individual that you’ve always hoped to be. You can do this.


1 comment:

  1. Robert, always strive to remember she is the Father's daughter. How does He want her treated? How does He want to love her through you? I enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...