Sunday, March 29, 2015

Things Are Changing

People work a job for several reasons: To pay bills, get medical insurance, or because they love the job. (It gives them a sense of purpose.) Like most things in life, one’s employment can change into something it was never anticipated to be. That rule has held true with my current job as a Greeter (see A Broken Parakeet).
I was told when I requested to go back to the position of Utility Worker that this was a definite impossibility. My supervisor claims my cart retrieval speed and my lack in not bringing in the correct quantity of carts in one haul was the reason I was being downgraded to a Greeter (rather than I assume being fired). I was thankful for that.
For several days I observed my co-workers, very few of them seemed to be doing any better than I was. Many of them even thanked me for how helpful I was to them. Though didn’t have much speed in controlling the required ten cart minimum, I was persistent in getting the job done.  The final decision is up to my managers. I hope they make the choice I believe they should.

What things are out of your control? Can you leave the ultimate decision in God’s hands? Do you think He needs your advice? As I have stated many times before, God always has your best interest in mind. You can count on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...