Sunday, March 29, 2015

What Would You Do?

Two separate situations at work arose in my world of greeting where my response was not that of an adult. A co-worker (“Cary”) told me of a negative comment one of my leads (“Granger”) made about my work performance as a Utility Worker. I should have let it go. Instead I went to angrily confront Granger. He denied the whole thing.
I confronted Cary, who said he couldn’t lie. Cary seemed to get a kick out of telling me any negative comment someone made to about me. Why avoid telling me for the purpose of upsetting. Currently, I am avoiding him like the plague.
I was asked to bring one of the store’s motorized carts to the other end of the store for a customer that’s in need. The cashier (“Lisa”) at the self scan (U-scan) also got a call from the other cashier (“Jeff”) at the U-scan at the opposite side of the store.
Arriving at my destination, I gave the cart to the person who needed it. I assumed that had been the same person the Greeter (“Rochelle”) had intended it for. It was not. She had her own person who now had to wait for an electronic cart as there were no more available at the moment.
Jeff was thrilled with me, but Rochelle was not. She had some choice words with me. I in turn had choice comments with Lisa and Jeff, who were not responsible for my catastrophe. How do you handle it when your acts of goodness go bad?
What would you do in these situations? An act of goodness has gone wrong, and a hurtful comment where no one is taking ownership.

My advice is don’t stop doing the right thing. Ignore the irritating junk in your life, and live your life in full color. Remember, with the rain of life (bad) comes; eventually the sun (good) will shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...