Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Snow Blaster 3000

In the fall of 2009, I was battling cancer (and undergoing chemotherapy). The thought of possibly not being around for my family horrified me. (I was 46, my wife was 44, and my daughter was 13) With the winter quickly approaching, I made a foolish financial decision. On credit, our family purchased what I will give the fictitious name “The Snow Blaster 3000” snow blower. 
It is the newest and greatest in snow removal. Many years later, it’s extremely big and bulky, hard to start, difficult to move out of the storage shed, and is only used when the snow is too hard to remove manually with a snow shovel. Currently, we have no idea where the key is to the storage shed to get it out in the bad weather we are now having in February 2015.

Have you ever made a choice out of your fear? (Your common sense took a back seat.) How did that work out for you? In the end, did you regret the results you got? I John 4:18 (MSG) states, “There is no room in love for fear. Well-formed love banishes fear…” The choice is yours. Help is available out there if you want it. It might take some research to find it. It is out there. Enjoy God’s blessings as you work out of a foundation of love. Fear just won’t make the grade any more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...