Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Motion

Anytime I hear the above song by Matthew West, the chorus tends to linger in my brain, and travel down to my heart. See what you think.
I don’t wanna go through the motions
I don’t wanna go one more day
Without your all consuming passion inside of me

I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything
Instead of going through the motions?

For a long period in my life, I’ve been “going through the motions” as this song describes. I’ve never felt competent enough to be the Christian, father, or husband my immediate family wishes I was. Sometime the best I can do is to make it through another day.
Two of the career “what if’s” I’ll always wonder if I could have been successful at were a journalist with a major newspaper or an elementary school teacher with my own classroom.

Right now, I’m at a point in my life where neither one of those are an option career-wise. Does the above chorus describe you? In your life, what can be done to change it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...