Saturday, February 28, 2015

Nobody’s Friend

My name is gossip. I have no respect for justice. I maim without killing. I break hearts and ruin lives. I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age. The more I am quoted the more I am believed. I flourish at every level of society.
My victims are helpless. They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face. To track me down is impossible. The harder you try, the more elusive I become. I am nobody’s friend.
Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same. I topple governments and wreck marriages. I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartaches, and indigestion. I spawn suspicion and generate grief.

I make innocent people cry in their pillows. Even my name hisses. I am called GOSSIP. Office gossip, shop gossip, party gossip, telephone gossip - I make headlines and headaches. Before you repeat a story ask yourself, is it true? Is it fair? Is it necessary? If not-SHUT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...