Friday, February 20, 2015

All the Way

It was a normal work day for me. On this winter morning the temperature was in the negatives. I was excited to find out my favorite lead (call her “Chandelle”) was on duty. Hot cocoa and donuts (from Tim Hortons) had been provided, and were in the janitor’s room. I finally took advantage of a quick heat break. (All the Utility Workers been advised to do this throughout this blustery day.
Though the donuts were fantastic, the cocoa left much to be desired. Chandelle’s idea of hot chocolate and mine were worlds apart. Her idea involved a packet of cocoa mix, walking to the cafĂ© (on the opposite side of the store), filling a Styrofoam full of hot water, and stirring in the mix. The time to do all of this took me away from my job much longer than I wanted to be. Though I had a donut as I enjoyed the glorious heat, I turned the offer of hot chocolate down.
Though I greatly appreciated the generosity of Chandelle doing the above (at her own expense), I believe it was only done half-way. There are a variety of other ways that this drink could have been already prepared that would made Chandelle’s act of generosity mean so much more. Chandelle went 55% when she should have strived for 110% with her Utility Workers.

Is God placing on your heart to bless someone anonymously with a specific amount of money (or a deed) that seems way outside your realm of comfort? Don’t fight Him. He enjoys doing this kind of thing. Do you want to miss out on blessing. Don’t cut the amount in half either. That didn’t work well for a couple in The Bible (read Acts 5:1-10). Eventually, it will be a bummer for you too. The Heavenly Father expects you to do right thing. He won’t give up until you do what’s correct (see post Hide and Seek). Do you trust yourself to be truthful?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...