Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Modern Day Naomi and Ruth

If you ever read the story in the book of Ruth about the famous mother-in-law/daughter-in-law duet, you might wonder if a close relationship like this is possible between two such female relatives. My answer is absolutely “yes.”
My mother, Janice, and my wife, Bobbi, have a close caring friendship. What do these women have in common? Why me, of course. My senior-aged mother gravitates towards my wife because she is knowledgeable (lots of common sense), and is not afraid to be honest with my mother when her beliefs (about whatever) are incorrect. My mother knows Bobbi always has her best interest at heart (no matter what).
One thing that Bobbi and my mother do on an almost daily basis daily (since Bobbi became my wife) is pray with each other before Bobbi leaves for work. Besides both of them bringing all their requests to God in prayer, this simple act has bonded them together like nothing else could.

Bobbi and my mom have seen both the good and bad of each other, and continue right on loving the other one through both the positive and negative life has offered them. Though neither my mother nor wife would wish to be compared to the heroic biblical women mentioned at the beginning of this article, Bobbi and my mother are the truest examples I know of love in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...