Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Movie Madness

Most the time, it is possible for me to be a patient, mature adult.  I am OK with Hollywood adapting any book they need to for it to be made into a movie. I understand that is part of the moviemaking process.
What really infuriates me is when Hollywood adapts a Bible story into a movie, and adds all sort of information that is not in the Bible. Why does Hollywood have to take potshots at God’s Word? Make the entire movie complete biblical truth with no creative fillers. In a religious movie, some of the movie viewers will assume that what they are viewing is in the Bible. They will never search the scriptures to discover the real truth.
This is not to say that all religious movies I’ve seen have been bad. Some critics have hated the religious movies I’ve enjoyed the most. Occasionally, Hollywood has got it right with the religious movie they’ve filmed.

There are things you can do to voice your opinion about a movie. Either email the website for the movie with your comment. You can also add an electronic appraisal of a movie on the appropriate website. There was one movie that I walked out of because it offended me so badly. I asked the theater for my money back, and got it. You have more influence over Hollywood than what you might think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...