Saturday, December 26, 2020

Remembering

 Lethologica [means] the inability to remember a word or put your finger on the right word.”

Maybe this is another sign of aging.  How many times have I been in the middle of a conversation when my brain decides to forget a word (or phrase) I’ve known all my life. I usually end up embarrassing myself stumbling verbally as I try to describe what I’m thinking of at the moment. Luckily someone else in the conversation (puts me out of my misery), and comes up with the word I couldn’t recall at the moment.  Usually, in these times I can picture the correct word in my brain, but the word picture never verbalizes itself to my mouth.

In any situation, I am certain that God will bring the right words to mind when they are needed. Your heavenly Father desires you to be more like Him daily. Ephesians 5:1 (TPT) says: Be imitators of God in everything you do for then you will represent your Father as his beloved sons and daughters. God is available anytime to help if you’ll only call out to Him. Be willing to listen for His reply to your request.[i]



[i] Inspired by and adapted from the article, “21 Words (That You’ve Never Heard Before) Which Will Speak to Your Soul,” by Taryn Williford

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...