Monday, September 28, 2020

A Thousand Times

“When we get impatient because something is taking too long. We should remember that life waits on us a thousand times more than we wait on life.”   (Laura Teresa Marquez)

I fail miserably when it comes to achieving better patience. I want my food ready instantly. My wife to get my point the first time I say it. My three Chihuahuas to obey me the first time I tell them to stop barking.

My heavenly Father to align with my future, and make all His lessons happen quickly. That’s my dream world, and not reality. With life you can never know what challenge is coming down the road. You can never be sure anything will happen the way you want (and need) it to happen.

There is a key to your future (and current) times not being horrible for you. It is found in Isaiah 40:31 (TPT): But those who trust in the Lord will become strong again.  They will be like eagles that grow new feathers. They will run and not get weak.  They will walk and not get tired.”

In other words, the key to being in control of your impatience is being patient as you wait on God’s will and timing. I wish I could tell you I am an expert at this. At times, I willingly choose the harder path of fighting with God instead of giving in to His will, which He always gets. I want the freedom that comes with being obedient to God’s will the first time.

What about you? Do you always question God’s decisions for your life? Take it from me. Divine submission is the safest (and best) path to take. Learn this important life lesson in all areas of your life. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...