Friday, May 29, 2020

Grace

Salvation is all about the grace of God. There is absolutely nothing that you can do to save yourself or earn God’s favor.” (Francis Chan)

Put your hand on your chest over your heart; that small heartbeat is all that stands between you and an eternity with (or without) God.  If you were to die tonight, do you know for certain where your soul would spend eternity? Would it be in Heaven (or Hell)? The Roman’s Road to Salvation is a collection of verses in Paul’s New Testament epistle to the Romans that offers a clear path to salvation through Jesus Christ.

Although many people believe they will go to Heaven because they have lived a good life, done charity work, been baptized as a child, attended church, or treated others fairly, the Bible states that none of us can live up to God’s standards of morality. We need a road to God that doesn’t rely on anything we do, but relies on the gift of His grace alone. The Roman’s Road to Salvation below gives important questions and the corresponding verses from Romans to answer each one.

1.        “I’m a good person won’t that be enough to get me to Heaven?”  All people have sinned and are not good enough for God’s glory. (Romans 3:23)

 2.         “If sin is that big of a deal, what hope is there for me?”  The payment for sin is death. But God gives us the free gift of life forever in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

 3.         “After what I’ve done to sin against Jesus, how could He be willing die in my place?” But Christ died for us while we were still sinners. In this way God shows his great love for us. (Romans 6:23)

 4.        “How can I be saved?” If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and if you believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from death, then you will be saved. (Romans 10:9) You also need to pray the “Sinner’s Prayer, “which goes something like this: “Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner, and that I deserve to go to Hell. I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins, and that He is my only way to Heaven (one day). I do now receive Him as my Lord and personal Savior. I promise to serve you to the best of my ability. Please save me in Jesus’ name, Amen.”

5.         “How can I know for sure that I am saved?” So now, those who are in Christ Jesus are not judged guilty. (Romans 8:1)

“In salvation, God both declares us guilty and pays our debt. Only He can satisfy His own requirements. A savior less than God would be disqualified. God must do it Himself.” (Erwin W. Lutzer)[i]



[i] Sources used:
·        “Roman Road to Salvation” by TEEN MISSIONS INTERNATIONAL
·        “Simple Romans Road to salvation” by Bible Truths
·        “The Roman Road” by AllAboutGod.com
·        “The Romans Road to Salvation “by David Wise                        
·        “What Is the Romans Road to Salvation?” by Emily Hall
 
This post is dedicated to Mark Platt, my friend and current small group leader.
 All verses are taken from the International Children’s Bible.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...