Monday, August 7, 2017

Precious

“It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life.” (Dawn French)

Dear Dad,

You are the first man that I ever loved. You will always be my hero, and in your arms I feel protected. Your smile makes me feel accepted. When I was a baby you held me securely.  When I took my first steps, you were there to applause.

You’ve been a shoulder to cry on when my heart has gotten broken. You listen to all of my chaotic thoughts when I show you my vulnerability. This has been important for my development as a woman. You have known when to offer me advice, and when to dry my tears.

Thank you for working hard to provide for our family. It has provided me with a sense of security (in the rest of my life). I appreciate seeing your emotional softer side (and your tears). Whenever I lost hope in my own life, you showed me that love is the strongest force in the universe.

I appreciate you for being who you are to mother. Your loyalty to her has helped me to be able to trust men, and be drawn to healthy, loving relationships. You have always let me know that certain men in the world were not worthy of my love.

Thank you for your honesty and integrity. Your character has inspired me to value myself. Thank you for giving me advice whenever I needed to step out of my comfort zone. Your wisdom is valuable to me. Your unconditional support of my talents has helped me to have faith in what I can achieve (on my own). I will always need you.

With Love,
Your Daughter
[i]

“As a daughter of the King of Kings, your purpose is not to turn heads but to turn hearts toward our Heavenly Father.” (www.heartprintsofgod.com)





[i] Sources used:

·     “A Letter to Fathers from Your Daughters” by Christine Hassler

·         “A Thank You Letter to Dads, From Their Grown Up Daughters” by Danielle Lavieri
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...