Monday, January 23, 2017

A Serious Response (from a Funny Lady)

To women (who march for women), this says it all:

I am not a disgrace to women because I don't support the women's march. Nor am I a second-class citizen because I am a woman. My voice and all my opportunities in America are because I am a woman.

I have control over my body. My gender does not make me disrespected (or a victim). I am a female that can make my own choices; can speak (and be heard); can vote; can work if I want.

I can stay home if (I want); can control my body; can defend myself; and can protect my family. There is nothing stopping me to do anything in this world, but myself.
I do not blame my circumstances (or problems) on anything other than my own choices.  Sometimes in life, we don't always get what we want. I take responsibility for myself as a mother, a daughter, a wife, a sister, and a friend. I quit blaming others, and take responsibility for myself.

You have the right to speak, but do not expect for me (a woman) to take you seriously wearing a pink vajayjay[i] hat on your head, and screaming profanities as you bash men.
If you have beliefs, and speak to me in a kind manner, I will listen. Do not expect for me to change my beliefs to suit yours. Respect goes both ways.

If you want to impress me (especially in regards to women) then speak on the real injustices and tragedies that affect women in foreign countries. These women do not have the opportunity (or means) to have their voices heard.


In Saudi Arabia, women can't drive, have no rights, and must always be covered. In China and India, there is infanticide[ii] of baby girls.

In Afghanistan, there are unequal educational rights for females. In the Democratic Republic of Congo, women are raped brutally, and are left to die. They can also become infected with HIV, and be left to care for children alone.
In Mali, women cannot escape the torture of genital mutilation. In Pakistan, women are gang raped (in tribal areas) to pay for men's crime.

In Guatemala, an epidemic of gruesome unsolved murders has left hundreds of women dead. Some of their bodies are left with hate messages. Seven year old girls are being sold (or married off) to sixty year old men. Millions of women are bought for sex trafficking.

And that's just a few examples. When women in America, march for equal rights in their clean clothes, after eating a hearty breakfast, and it's like a vacation away that they have paid for to get to the protest. This woman does not support this.


The celebrated icons you hold up like Madonna (and other famous women) has used their bodies to sell their latest fashions, music, and other projects. They will leave the protest in their private jets, feast with money you have spent on their products, songs and ideas.
They have convinced young girls that you have to be skinny, sexy and flaunt the very body parts they now scream are their own. Don’t believe the crazy messages they are telling you.[iii]

v  “I would always stand up for women, but I don't want women's rights and all that sort of thing. I love to have men around, and I suppose if you're a true feminist, you get on and do it yourself. I love it when someone says, 'I'll get your coat' or, 'I'll look after you', or offers you a seat on the bus. I'm thrilled to bits. I'm not a feminist.”[iv]  

v  “Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being me.”[v]

 
v “It is true that God may have called you to be exactly where you are…It is absolutely vital to grasp that He didn’t call you there so you could settle in, and live your life in comfort (and superficial peace).” [vi]

Chonda Pierce




 


[i] Slang term for “vagina.”
 
[ii] “Infanticide” is killing an infant that is under the age of one.
 
[iii] This speech was adapted from an entry on the Chonda Pierce Facebook page by this Christian comedienne. Though rallies are being held across America for this occasion, the Washington, D.C. March for Life (against abortion) will be held on Friday, January 27, 2017. It commemorates the anniversary of the United States Supreme Court's decision legalizing abortion in the case of Roe versus Wade.
 
[iv] Quote by Mary Berry
 
[v] Quote by Chonda Pierce
 
[vi] Quote by Francis Chan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...