Thursday, June 16, 2016

I’m a Survivor

In the Valpak (of Central Ohio) envelope of coupons we received in our mail regularly was a message from the Ohio Department of Health (on a check-size piece of paper) that I was one hundred percent in agreement with. 

The slogan (in large purple letters) was “Stop Cancer {before it stops you.}” The young African American woman (in the stylish sleeveless striped shirt) next to the words looked rather concerned about the topic on this flyer.

On the back of this slip of paper, the following “Did You Know” information was provided. “One in eight women will be affected by breast cancer in the United States.  Regular breast and cervical cancer screenings can find cancer early, when treatment works best.

Talk to your doctor about what screening options for breast and cervical cancer are best for you. Thirty-three women are diagnosed with cervical cancer every day in the United States.  To learn more or to see if you qualify for free cancer screenings, call 1-844-430-BCCP.”

There is a lot of my cancer experience in 2009 that my mind has chosen to forget (for the sake of my survival then and my mental sanity now). My post, Blessed, was my attempt to dredge up that story for the attempt of others. My wife has been an invaluable asset in helping me to remember the correct facts as they were at that time.

The book I had made of my electronic CaringBridge journal (kept for family and friends) records my feelings as they were at that time. At this time I was fighting as hard as I could to not becoming a celestial citizen in a heavenly realm.

Of course, one when it is time for me to enter Heaven, one of the things that I will look forward to the most is described in Revelations 21:4 (MSG): “He’ll wipe away every tear from their eyes. Death is gone for good – tears gone, crying gone, pain gone…” (See Out of This World and Heaven: A Guide for Travelers)

One thing I am thrilled God does for me daily (instead in Heaven one day when I no longer need it) is described in Psalm 103:12 (MSG): “And as far as sunrise is from sunset, He has separated us from our sin.”

Our Heavenly Father expects us to give the same forgiveness to others that have wronged us as when He pardons us for our many transgressions. Mark 11:25 (MSG) boldly declares; “If you have anything against someone, forgive – only then will your Heavenly Father be inclined to also wipe your slate clean of sins.”

Sincere forgiveness can be a monumental sacrifice (at times) where other people (who have wronged us) are concerned. We have given up the anger so we live the best version of our life now. How are doing in accomplishing this important goal? Do you need help? If so search for this assistance immediately.

The inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...