Sunday, October 11, 2015

Preach It

Allena’s choice to attend Youth with a Mission (in Akron, OH) has positively affected many areas of her life (see Who Are You? and Baby Steps). Her recent career choice of a pastor is in line with the internal change that is happening inside of her at YWAM.
Maybe your belief of no women preachers in the church is taken from I Corinthians 14:34-35. We can all agree that the calling of a minister is an important job that should not be taken lightly. As Allena’s father I’m proud of her decision. Though it’s difficult for me to make a connection in my mind with the “wild child” I’ve grown to love, and a calm, respectable pastor.
In Saul’s (Paul) day, many people had a difficult time believing he had converted from murderer to minister (Acts 9:13, 21). I guess it’s time for me to put to finally believe in the potential that has always been buried deep inside my daughter. Before she became my daughter on July 29 1996, she belonged to God.
It’s time for me to give up control of my adult daughter to a Heavenly Father that is hers, and has always loved her much more than I ever could in this earthly body. (She will soon find out that God will continue to nudge her heart until she comes in alignment with His career choice for her.)

Ultimately, God will do the work in Allena that needs to be done (whether I see the logic in it or not). My duty now is to support my daughter in whatever life endeavor she chooses, which I can do as I smile broadly from the sidelines and in my heart pray silently for God’s best for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...