Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Dadisms (and Momisms Too)

1.   “You’re going to sit there until you eat your dinner. I don’t care if you sit there all night.”
2.   “When I say no, I mean no. Why? Because, that’s why.”
3.   “If you don’t stop crying, I’ll give you something to cry about.”
4.   “I’m spanking you because I love you. This hurts me a lot more than it hurts you.”
5.   “What’s so funny? Wipe that smile off your face.”
6.   “Don’t ask me, ask your mother.”
7.   “This is your last warning.”
8.   “Don’t you know money doesn’t grow on trees?”
9.   “Son, don’t ever get married. And tell that to your kids.”
10.         “When I was your age….”
11.         “Why can’t you act more like your brother (or sister)? They are always so well-behaved.” (Mine)
12.         “Someday when you have kids, they will be your repayment (with their behavior) for all the wonderful challenges your childhood allowed me to experience.” (Mine)
The First Baptist Chariot Newsletter, June 2010, issue 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...