Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sunshine and Roses

“Dell” and I only met for a brief moment. He was preparing to exit the building through the doors on the general merchandise side of the store. I was doing part of my morning duties as a greeter by cleaning the glass doors. As Dell left, I told him to have a great day.
In return, he said something like the following, which I felt was rather profound: “The sky is blue, and I can smell the roses instead of pushing up underneath them.” Let’s think about this statement for just a bit.
If you think about it, someone has to be in a great deal of discomfort to choose death over life. (For people like myself that’s hard to imagine.) Most people will fight as long and hard as they can to remain among the living. Six feet above the ground is much more preferable than six feet under it. Would you not agree?
Have you ever thought about all the things there are in life to live for. The list is infinite, but here are a few of my favorites. There’s the joy of being a published author.
If you have children what about the pleasure of watching them and your grandchildren grow up? What about traveling, learning a new electronic gadget, or deepening your relationship with others and God? Enjoy life to its fullest.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...