Saturday, May 16, 2015

Strong Man

It was following my afternoon break on a Friday around 1:15PM. I had just arrived back at the general merchandise door I would be greeting at until my shift concluded at 2PM. I was surprised to find both the store director “Johnna” and a customer “Justin” patiently waiting for assistance to get a boxed grill into the back of his SUV.
I have no idea who was originally assigned to assist with this heavy duty, but Justin wanted to know if I was the muscle he’d been waiting for. Johnna decided I was just the right person to make this customer happy.
As we preceded through the extra large garden center doors to reach Justin’s automobile, I discovered his last grill had lasted ten years. This one had all the bells and whistles to do some great grilling. He agreed.
Once outside, I told Justin I’d never had the adjective “muscle” associated with my name before. Being a greeter at this store, I saw a lot of men that were in much better physical shape than me. Jason and I both agreed exercising more would be a good thing.
With both our help, the grill slid perfectly horizontally into the SUV like it was supposed to be there. Later I saw Justin back in the store for something he’d forgotten to help with his next outdoor grilling time.
At times we all wish for things that we are unwilling to put the hard work in to achieve. You may be among the fortunate that genetically got a perfect physique without any effort on your part. The rest of us have to exercise and control our diet to reach our goals in this area. At this stage in my life, it just takes way to much energy to make all this happen.

Dreams can come true, but at times you have to be the magic that makes it happen. Remember, any goal in life that is important to you is worth working hard for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything

  “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” (Saint Augustine) It shouldn’t be surprising th...